[Dune-devel] [Dune-Commit] [Commit] dune-grid - 545f73a: Start working on a backup restore facility in YaspGrid

Dominic Kempf dominic.r.kempf at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 13:41:53 CEST 2014

Hey Oliver,
there is several reasons, that dgf is not suitabel as a backup format:
- It does not cover all the options that are needed to *fully* restore a
YaspGrid.
  A small example is the parameter keepPhysicalOverlap (bool).
- It doesnt support tensorproduct grids.
- With my format, only the coordinates relevant to a processor are stored
in that
  processors backup file. I dont see how such thing could be realized
through dgf
  (seems to me like it takes the same file on every rank)
Best,
Dominic

PS: Just read your next mail: Seems like the first point could hold for VTK
too,
if Paraview tries to verify the XML schema. Also, I dont think we want an
XML
parser in dune-grid, do we?