[Dune-devel] Git best practice: Remove merged branches

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Oct 2 16:23:32 CEST 2014

Hi fellow Dune developers,
as we use more and more feature branches, the number of merged, but not
deleted branches is rapidly growing.

So I propose to introduce the best practice for Git, to delete branches
after a merge. Additionally, all merged but not deleted branch should be
allowed to be deleted by anybody. Git helps identifying these:
git branch -a --merged

By the way, I started the wiki page with the Git pest practices as we
decided in Berlin:
http://users.dune-project.org/projects/main-wiki/wiki/Git_best_practices

GDB does hate your application, expresses its contempt through the
design of its command-line interface.   -- Tom Tromey, FOSDEM 2014