[Dune-devel] [Dune-Bugs] dune-common | Feature/fix mixed precision dense matrix vector interface (#10)

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Mon Dec 7 23:06:27 CET 2015

Hi Robert,

somehow I can't reference you in the gitlab instance...

As you were the original author of the lines in question, I'd be happy
to hear your opinion on commit
https://gitlab.dune-project.org/core/dune-common/commit/522bc0e27178d168b04394ee7e0da75444636269

It seems the old test was never run with range checks enabled as the
expected interface is not fulfilled by std::vector at even more
important ... not be double[N].

We can either fix this by adding a free function vector_size(...)
(or something similar), which is specilized for some classes. Or we
stick to our implicitly defined interface and don't support
std::vector and double[N].

I would refrain from double[N]. What I could live with is std::vector,
but it will require us to check that every type we want to insert
support size(), which was not the case a couple of years ago. I think
there is the other "feature" that you currently could us
FieldMatrix<double,N,1> similar to the FieldVector<double,N>.

Ciao
Christian

--
Prof. Dr. Christian Engwer
Institut für Numerische und Angewandte Mathematik

E-Mail  christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Telefon +49 251 83-35067
FAX     +49 251 83-32729