[Dune-devel] [Dune-Commit] [branch] dune-common - 'releases/2.4' updated

Carsten Gräser graeser at mi.fu-berlin.de
Wed Jul 1 12:34:40 CEST 2015

Dear Robert,
it seems that you cherry-picked your changes in master to
releases/2.4. If you do so please remember to always use
the -x flag of git cherry-pick. Then git will add a line
(cherry-picked from ...) in a default format.

This allows matching original and cherry-picked commits
automatically which makes it much easier to track what
was picked. Without this I have to compare commit messages
and keep a list of those commits manually.

Furthermore please be careful when cherry-picking on your own.
There may be (and in fact there are) other pending cherry-pick
requests for commits in dune-common that happened before your
changes. They even touch the same files. Now we will have those
commits in reverse order in the release branch.

At best just add the [release] tag to all commits that should
be cherry-picked and I'll take care about the rest.

Best,
Carsten