[Dune-devel] Possible removal of method ReferenceElement::checkInside<codim>

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Jul 5 23:09:31 CEST 2015

Hi Oli,

I think we should remain true to our policy on interface changes: Deprecate
before removing. In my opinion, you name a very argument in favor of
deprecation: Nobody will see the warning, so it will annoy nobody.

But personally, I would have voted differently, if 2.4 had not been on our
doorstep. I don't think we should make such aggressive last minute changes.

Moreover, I think Robert is entitled to an opionion on deprecation or not, too.
This is especially so, as his point was overruled.

That said, I stand by democracy. The majority of non-abstained votes is for
throwing out the method now - so be it. However, I guess you have to wait for
the pending answers. They might still change the outcome.

Best,

Martin