[Dune-devel] Workshop Uni Stuttgart "Securing quality in scientific software projects at the example of DUNE / PDELab / DuMux"

Timo Koch timo.koch at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jun 9 11:54:21 CEST 2015

Dear DUNE developers,

we would like to kindly remind you of the opening event of our project
"Securing quality in scientific software projects at the example of DUNE
/ PDELab / DuMux"

on 23 June 2015 at the University of Stuttgart.

Please find the workshop's agenda at:
http://www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de/institut/hydrosys/publikationen/vortraege/150317_Programm_Workshop_Qualit%C3%A4tssicherung.pdf

The project aims at developing a dune module "dune-testtools" (currently
developed by Dominik Kempf, Heidelberg and Timo Koch, Stuttgart)
containing scripts (Python, CMake) and helper tools to facilitate
automatic testing in DUNE. For application of the developed tools a
system testing environment is to be implemented at the example of PDELab
and DuMux. As DUNE is the considered base software project, feedback and
any suggestions particularly from within the dune community are
essential to the success of the project.
With our project we want to make a contribution to sustainable
scientific research involving numerical simulation.
At the opening event we will present the project and, more importantly,
seek dialogue with you about your experiences with and expectations from
quality assurance of software for modern scientific research.

Please find attached a link to the event's agenda with location and
programme. The opening event will be held in German language. The
afternoon presentation can be in English if requested.
Do not hesitate to contact us for further information and, please,
register at:lisa.pietrzyk at simtech.uni-stuttgart.de We are looking
forward to seeing you in Stuttgart.

With kind regards
Prof. Dr. Peter Bastian (Heidelberg), PD Dr. Bernd Flemisch (Stuttgart),
and Prof. Dr.-Ing. Rainer Helmig (Stuttgart)

Further information:
http://www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de/institut/hydrosys/lehre/vortrag.php?Vortrag=351

Agenda:
http://www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de/institut/hydrosys/publikationen/vortraege/150317_Programm_Workshop_Qualit%C3%A4tssicherung.pdf

Timo Koch                      phone: +49 711 685 64676
IWS, Universität Stuttgart     fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61             email: timo.koch at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart              url:   www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de