[Dune-devel] [Dune-Commit] [branch] dune-istl - 'master' updated

Ansgar Burchardt burchardt at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jun 9 18:24:16 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 06/09/2015 06:05 PM, Carsten Gräser wrote:
> B)Someone merged 'feature/FS1622' into 'master'. Then we
>   would normally see a corresponding merge commit in 'master'
>   instead of these individual commits. The only possibility seems
>   to be a fast-forward merge that would keep these commits.
>   But how can this be if 'master' changed meanwhile in 2) ?

It should be possible to have a fast-forward merge here.

Merging master into the feature branch results in this state:

 ---A-----B       master
     \     \
      C--D--E     feature/FS1622

"E" is a child of the current state of the master branch ("B"). Thus
merging "E" into master can be fast-forward:

     \     \
      C--D--E     master == feature/FS1622

Ansgar