[Dune-devel] [SOCIS2015] junior jobs, METIS issue

Emmanouil Kiagias e.kiagias at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 01:42:26 CET 2015

Hello everyone,

My name is Emmanouil Kiagias and I am currently finishing my undergraduate
studies in Computer Science in Athens University of Economic and Business.
I will probably apply for SOCIS this year and I am very interested in the
DUNE project. All the listed projects ideas seem very interesting (though
project3 and project4 got  more my attention).

I downloaded and built the lastest dune-project sources from github [0].

I started looking in the junior jobs and decided to take a deeper look into
the job concerning METIS, FS#1212 [0]. I tried to reproduced the
issue/warnings described in the bugtracker/comments. The part of the code
which produces the warnings needs ParMETIS  in order to get triggered. I
downloaded and installed ParMETIS 4.0.3 [2] (which includes METIS 5.0.1).

While I configure dune-istl module dunecontrol only finds * Metis package
and not * ParMETIS. Both metis.h and parmetis.h (and the corresponding
libraries) are installed under /usr/local/ but only Metis is found. Any
ideas what I am propably doing wrong?

Thanks,
Emmanouil

[0]: https://github.com/dune-project