[Dune-devel] CMake and std::thread

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu May 28 12:03:55 CEST 2015

Hi Markus,
this is unrelated to the GCC version, it is the CMake version. I checked
with CMake 3.2 and it works. With CMake 2.8.6 I get your error. What's
your CMake version, 2.8.9?

It also clearly states to be an CMake error:

> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:10 (ADD_EXECUTABLE):
>   Target "cmTryCompileExec" links to item " -pthread" which has leading or
>   trailing whitespace.  This is now an error according to policy CMP0004.

People who are more than casually interested in computers should have
at least some idea of what the underlying hardware is like. Otherwise
the programs they write will be pretty weird.         -- Donald Knuth