[Dune-devel] [Dune-Commit] [Commit] dune-grid - c966253: [Tests] Added parallel grid tests using MPI if available

Dominic Kempf dominic.r.kempf at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 11:00:25 CET 2015

Hey Markus,

You are of course right about the timeouts, it was an oversight by myself.
Fortunately,
the solution is easy. CMake tests have a TIMEOUT property, that takes
precedence over
the timeout settings of the ctest run (which have no timeout if run without
special options).
I propose the following:

We add a TIMEOUT argument to dune_add_test. If MPI_RANKS are specified, we
make
specifying the TIMEOUT mandatory.

On a similar note, I would *LOVE* to set a global upperbound to how much
time a test
may take, because many tests seem to be written with more than the minimal
necessary
problem size or may need splitting.

Best,
Dominic

PS:
BTW, the snippet you are quoting is an old code that I was cherry-picking
and later
porting to dune_add_test. But dune_add_test does basically the same.