[Dune-devel] [Dune] Flyspray turned off

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Nov 5 16:13:59 CET 2015

Hi Carsten,

> Am 03.11.2015 um 18:07 schrieb Carsten Gräser <graeser at mi.fu-Berlin.de>:
>
> Hi Dominic,
>
> Am 02.11.2015 um 16:42 schrieb Dominic Kempf:
>> Hey Carsten,
>>
>> I will gladly spread that information on the mailing list too:
>>
>> The bugs from the Flyspray bug tracker have been imported into GitLab in
>> the project flyspray/FS.
>> You can continue discussion there and reference bugs by writing (That is
>> why we have chose the group and
>> repository name as it is):
>>
>> flyspray/FS#xyz
>>
>> Please do not open any new bugs in the flyspray project, but instead
>> file them under the correct core module.
>> In the long run, it would be nice to squash all those Flyspray bugs.
> thanks for this information.
>
>> Concerning mail notifications:
>>
>> You may set individual notification settings in GitLab. This allows you
>> to tune your settings this to your needs,
>> giving different priorities to the core modules etc. If people are
>> interested we can also maintain the service of
>> dune-bugs, by having a dummy account in GitLab with the dune-bugs
>> mailing list as mail address and the correct
>> notification settings for the core modules. If there is interest in such
>> a feature, yell, and we will do it.
> I'm not sure. But currently you're cut off from development
> unless you take action on your own. I see the following
> potential problems:
>
> a)Dev's don't get all information unless they expliclity select
>  to get all notifications in gitlab.
> b)People following dune-bugs don't get notified anymore
> c)People following dune-commit don't get notified anymore
> d)People following dune-devel don't get notified by merge-request
>  and respective comments which carry information that went
>  on the list before. Those may not have a gitlab account.
>
> a) should not be an issue, because we can expect this
> from devs. But currently I don't get all notifications
> per mail, altough I've selected 'watch' in my personal
> settings. The only viable option currently seems to be the
> rss activity feed.
>
> b) and c) could be avoided by forwarding all information
> to those lists. Those who want personal settings can simply
> unsubscribe.

I’ll set up GitLab to forward all issues in core and infrastructure to dune-bugs for
now. If you don’t need it anymore, just unsubscribe.

> d) Could be worked around by either forwarding all
> merge-request related notifications to dune-devel
> or a new list.

I would suggest a new list for this. dune-merge-requests?

> Best,
> Carsten
>
> PS:
> Where should be track infrastructure bugs not related
> to a module now?

There is now a project infrastructure/issues at https://gitlab.dune-project.org/infrastructure/issues
for general issues with the new infrastructure.

Best,
Steffen