[Dune-devel] Introduction of dune_add_test

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Sat Oct 24 13:38:36 CEST 2015

Dear Dominic,
thanks for taking care of dune_add_test. Having a quick look
into several of these files, they are now crystal clear. The
CMake transition promise to get more maintainable files is
now honored for setting up tests, too. Just have a look
yourself at dune/grid/test/CMakeLists.txt.

I like the way you designed the interface. Together with the
Sphinx documentation, this will increase the acceptance of
CMake.

Separating building the tests and executing is great. CTest's
parameter -R to filter the tests to be run was kind of useless
before. The only downside is, that you need to call
build_tests
in the binary root directory.

My question: How do you envision the transition for user
modules? Take PDELab. To stay compatible with Dune 2.4 and the
3.0-git, you need to maintain the testing twice; one with
using
the shiny macros, one with the old stuff.

Thanks!

Je n'ai rien contre les étrangers, quelques uns de mes
meilleurs amis
sont des étrangers. Mais ces étrangers là ne sont pas de chez
nous!
[Agecanonix, Astérix - Le cadeau de César]