[Dune-devel] Migration to gitlab.dune-project.org

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Oct 30 09:20:23 CET 2015

> Am 30.10.2015 um 08:36 schrieb Christian Engwer <christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de>:
>
> Besides this...
>
> itlab allows to use other services, like github for
> authentication. Would it be possible to "link" the different dune
> related gitlab setups such that one oculd use the dumux-gitlab
> credentials for dune-project?

In principle, that’s possible. GitLab supports OAuth (that’s how the GitHub integration works) and
can also act as an OAuth provider (i.e. it can provide authentication services to other applications).

I’ve already thought about setting this up to allow logging in to the Heidelberg GitLab using the
dune-project.org credentials, but GitLab doesn’t ship an OAuth integration for arbitrary GitLab servers,
only for gitlab.com. To make that work, we would have to do some Ruby coding and ship a local patch
against GitLab. Right now, I don’t feel a sufficient urge to invest the time and effort...

> Christian
>
> On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 08:09:57AM +0100, Bernd Flemisch wrote:
>> Hi Steffen,
>>

>> ---- Steffen Müthing schrieb ----
>>> I have also taken a look at the Flyspray bugs - I think we’ll be able to move them over to
>>> GitLab without major problems.
>> Since we recently also moved to GitLab, it would be very interesting if you could share some details on how to move the Flyspray tasks.

I’m cobbling something together right now. We will have a separate group called flyspray with a single project
FS that contains all bugs from FlySpray. By importing them in the correct order, the bug numbers in GitLab will
be identical to the old FlySpray bug numbers, and users can write flyspray/FS#2341 to refer to the old bug (which
will be rendered as a link).

There’s still some wrinkles to be ironed out, like uploading attachments (no GitLab API calls), how to record resolutions
(probably using labels) and how to fix up the dates (might have to go to SQL for that).

Once it’s done, I can send you the scripts I used to do it.

Steffen