[Dune-devel] [Dune-Commit] [Commit] dune-istl - 23d94ff: [tests] Catch Dune exceptions to ease identifying problems.

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Fri Oct 30 16:25:52 CET 2015

Am Thu, 29. Oct 2015, 16:17:37 +0100 schrieb Christian Engwer:
> Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 16:17:37 +0100
> From: Christian Engwer <christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de>
> To: Carsten Gräser <graeser at mi.fu-berlin.de>
> Cc: dune-devel at dune-project.org
> Subject: Re: [Dune-devel] [Dune-Commit] [Commit] dune-istl - 23d94ff:
>  [tests] Catch Dune exceptions to ease identifying problems.
>
> that is the other issue. If you want to include __FILE__ tec, you have
> to use the preprocessor. Regarding the ostream, yes we can forward
> oeprator <<, but then (a) none of the usual output operators for
> other classes will match for an exception and (b) we still have the
> copy issue, as the exception contains the ostream and the exception
> has to be cpied, the ostream has to be copied as well.

I guess the original reason for DUNE_THROW has been made obsolete (largely) by
the introduction of to_string() in C++11.  I'd still keep it around, however;
almost all dune code uses it and I don't see a good enough reason to change
it.

Also, I know of some modules from Mario's group that redefine DUNE_THROW to
include source location information, such things would be made harder if we
abandon DUNE_THROW.

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

Der Horizont vieler Menschen ist ein Kreis mit Radius Null - und das
nennen sie ihren Standpunkt.
-- A. Einstein