[Dune-devel] Strange things in DuneBoost.cmake

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Sep 3 17:53:23 CEST 2015

Hi Oliver,
with Boost gone from dune-istl, there is no Boost left in any of the
core modules. Is there a reason to keep the DuneBoost.cmake? I never
liked this file, as a FindBoost already exists. What do you think?
If third-party modules rely on the file, they could maintain a copy if
the file.

Am 14.08.2015 um 19:04 schrieb Oliver Sander:
> I happened to have a look at the file DuneBoost.cmake, and it contains a few things
> that look fishy to me.  For example, Lines 27-31 read
>
>       if(DUNE_BOOST_LINK_ALL_BOOST_LIBRARIES)
>         target_link_libraries(${_target} "${DUNE_Boost_LIBRARIES}")
>       else(DUNE_BOOST_LINK_ALL_BOOST_LIBRARIES)
>         target_link_libraries(${_target} "${DUNE_BOOST_LIBRARIES}")
>       endif(DUNE_BOOST_LINK_ALL_BOOST_LIBRARIES)
>
> with the same if clause twice.

This is a bug. Markus wanted something different, for sure.

>  Right after that we have
>
>       # The definitions are a hack as we do not seem to know which MPI implementation was
>       # found.
>
> Why MPI?  Is that a copy'n'paste bug.  Can somebody have a quick look?

Most probably yes. This comment is there since the file was created

A mathematician is a scientist who can figure out anything, except
such simple things as squaring the circle and trisecting an angle.
[Evan Esar (1899-1995), Esar's Comic Dictionary]