[Dune-devel] Developer status for Dominic

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Sep 21 11:59:12 CEST 2015

Hi everyone,

I’d like to propose giving Dominic developer status for the core modules. Last year,
we decided that the developer team should contain those people who are really active
in maintaining and developing the core modules, and I think Dominic definitely fits that
pattern build mode for the BCRSMatrix, did a major overhaul (almost a rewrite) of YaspGrid
(adding entities for the missing codimensions, making it usable for dim > 3 again, and implementing
tensor grid capabilities) and, most importantly, did a huge amount of work on the build
system. For the build system in particular, he has also been very helpful in supporting people
on the mailing list and taking their suggestions and complaints to go and improve the build
system.

I’ll put this proposal out there with a little bit of notice before the developer meeting so that we
can just vote on it at the beginning of the meeting (what with the Doodles broken right now…).

As the schedule of the meeting is already pretty packed, please go ahead and discuss any
major issues you have with the proposal on the devel mailing list to avoid losing too much time
at the meeting.

But I’m sure you’ll all agree that Dominic will be a good addition to the developer team!

Best,

Steffen