[Dune-devel] Dune 2.4.1

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Feb 5 15:46:44 CET 2016

> Am 05.02.2016 um 15:15 schrieb Ansgar Burchardt <Ansgar.Burchardt at tu-dresden.de>:
>
> Hi,
>
> I think a 2.4.1 release would be nice: dune-grid 2.4.0 doesn't work
> with newer CMake versions...
>
> I'm wondering what the current position on backporting new *features*
> to the release branch is.  There is at least [1] and I was wondering if
> some testing-related headers could be backported to dune-common 2.4.x:
> currently the 2.4 branch of dune-functions includes a copy of
> them[2][3].

Back at the developer meeting, we decided that due to the long time until
Dune 3.0, we would backport isolated features to 2.4, so I think that’s fine.

For 2.4.1 I would however look very closely at the extent of those features due
to the rather restricted timeline…

That said, including the patch to enable C++14 if available is definitely on my
list of patches to include, especially since we currently carry a patch to do that
for PDELab right now.

Steffen