[Dune-devel] Dune 2.4.1

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Feb 5 16:17:59 CET 2016

Hi Christoph,

> Am 05.02.2016 um 16:06 schrieb Christoph Grüninger <christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de>:
>
> Hi Steffen,
> I welcome a 2.4.1 release. But rushing it, does not sound good to me.

I’d like more time as well, but we can’t move the date of the course. That’s why I’m asking about the
point release now because otherwise I’ll have to hack the required changes into PDELab… :-(

In order to keep the risk down, I’ll probably be rather strict about what to include in the release. And we
actually already have quite a bit of infrastructure in place to do extensive testing (as part of Dominic’s and
Timo’s project).

> I am a curious about the reasons for the UMFPack failures. What changed
> since the release? Why was this not triggered during our testing for 2.4.0?

It’s not a new problem, it’s just becoming more apparent as more distributions ship
newer versions of UMFPack / SuiteSparse. The fix is basically what we did in master
by testing for all the components of SuiteSparse and linking against additional components
like libsuitesparseconfig, libcholmod etc.

And Ubuntu 14.04 LTS doesn’t have the problem because their version of SuiteSparse is rather old.

Steffen