[Dune-devel] Preparation of GSoC 2016 application

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Feb 11 19:38:53 CET 2016

Hi Oliver,
it depends. If you have some features or changes in mind which add immediate benefit, it is ok. If it is more like clean our code, it will be a poor project. Nevertheless, students are asked to add their own ideas, so they still can use it for pretty cool projects.

Oberall I am not convinced that we should apply. I got zero responses/wiki edits from potential mentors. The project list is in a sad state, too. I will check on Sunday and decide whether I will prepare the application. I will listen to fellow Core devs if they bring up good arguments.