[Dune-devel] Preparation of GSoC 2016 application

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Feb 12 10:35:08 CET 2016

Hi,

I put myself up for Project 3: Dynamic load-balancing for UGGrid at
http://users.dune-project.org/projects/gsoc2016/wiki/Project_ideas,
undid the strike-through of my information at the bottom there, and
added my name to the list at
http://users.dune-project.org/projects/gsoc2016/wiki/Wiki

Kind regards
Bernd

On 02/11/2016 09:07 PM, Oliver Sander wrote:
> Hi,
> I am still willing to mentor a possible P4estGrid project.  Did I have to do
> any editing for that?  The project description as I wrote it last year should
> still be okay.
> Best,
> Oliver
>
> On 11.02.2016 19:38, Christoph Grüninger wrote:
>> Hi Oliver,
>> it depends. If you have some features or changes in mind which add immediate benefit, it is ok. If it is more like clean our code, it will be a poor project. Nevertheless, students are asked to add their own ideas, so they still can use it for pretty cool projects.
>>
>> Oberall I am not convinced that we should apply. I got zero responses/wiki edits from potential mentors. The project list is in a sad state, too. I will check on Sunday and decide whether I will prepare the application. I will listen to fellow Core devs if they bring up good arguments.
>>
>> Bye
>> Christoph
>>
>>> Am 11.02.2016 um 09:44 schrieb Oliver Sander <oliver.sander at tu-dresden.de>:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> would it make a good project to start using Carsten's concept-checking ideas from dune-functions
>>> more widely in the core modules?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Oliver

Bernd Flemisch                         phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart             fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61            email: bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart            url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de