[Dune-devel] New dune-project Website: Status update/Call for help

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Fri Feb 12 13:32:12 CET 2016

Hi,

just skipping through your mail, it sounds like a very ambitious
project, complicated, and a lot of work. Thanks for the great
effort. Hopefully an incremental approach (one step at a time) will
work, too.

I have never used git-lfs and have one question. If I do a fetch of
the repository, will all the large files be fetched, too? Or can I
just fetch what I need. My SSD usually fills up quite quickly and I
would regret to have all dune tar-files that ever appeared on my disk.
Especially if you have low bandwidth at a hotel or conference, pulling
all the stuff might take a while, too.

With git-annex one would need to explicitly pull the large file that
one wants to have on the disk.

Markus
Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858