[Dune-devel] Infrastructure outages between now and March 4

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Feb 15 10:39:20 CET 2016

Hi everyone,

over the course of the next few weeks, the IWR at Heidelberg University will move
to a new building. As most of the Dune infrastructure is hosted at IWR, we will have
to shut it down for the move.

As a result, the Dune website, the mailing lists and GitLab will be completely offline
on March 2. We hope to have everything back up and running by the end of the day,
but we won’t make any promises.

Moreover, there were a number of delays in the construction schedule of the new building,
so the entire relocation of the whole IWR will have to be completed quicker than originally planned.
As a result, there will also be intermittent outages when central services like the network
infrastructure are moved.

This will cause additional (but hopefully shorter) outages, most likely between February
24 and March 1.

And finally, there’s always a risk of some switch ending up misconfigured and causing
a local network blackout or similar issues, so please bear with us.

The whole process will hopefully be completed by March 4.

Cheers
Steffen

Steffen Müthing
Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing
Heidelberg University

Im Neuenheimer Feld 368
69120 Heidelberg
Germany