[Dune-devel] [GSoC2016] Application answers review

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Feb 19 13:12:15 CET 2016

Hi Markus,
thank you for improving the answers! Some typos slipped in, I'll fix
them. The number of mentors is a drop down list with ranges. The licence
is picked from a given list, too. Technically you can use our software
as GPL 2.0, so the answer is not wrong. Last year we added a note to the
"Anything else we should know" part

> The license is not pure GNU General Public License version 2.0
> (GPLv2) but with a "runtime exception", see
> http://www.dune-project.org/license.html for more details. This
> exception is similar to the one added by libstdc++ before they
> switched to the "GCC Runtime Library Exception, version 3.1".

I don't mind adding it or leaving it as it is.

The method has been developed for use on a high-speed electronic
computer and would be impractical for hand-solution purposes.
                                           [Harlow & Welch 1965]