[Dune-devel] idset.subId() only for codim=0?

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Feb 22 14:21:18 CET 2016

Hi Aleksejs, hi all,

as I was the original proposer of this interface change, I should maybe say
some words about it.

First of all, the IndexSet interface class forwards the subIndex methods for
all codimension to the implementation (since 2010, as entioned by Carsten) and
all grid implementation in dune-grid support it.

For some reason, the IdSets seem to have been overlooked. But as the
information is available for index sets, I would be very surprised if it
cannot be provided for IdSets, too. Maybe we should add this as an open issue.

Unless you are working on an adaptive code or require an absolute orientation
(in contrast to a relative one), you should be able to use the index sets instead.

Best,

Martin