[Dune-devel] Confused about gitlab workings

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Fri Feb 26 21:55:44 CET 2016

Hi,

I am a bit confused about the gitlab workflow. Maybe someone can shed
some light on this:

Yesterday I push a branch (matrix-loadbalance-to-more) to my fork of
dune-istl at https://gitlab.dune-project.org/markus.blatt/dune-istl/
and created a merge request. After that was merged, I wanted to delete
my local branch after pull from origin, but to no avail:

git branch -d matrix-loadbalance-to-more
error: Der Branch 'matrix-loadbalance-to-more' ist nicht vollständig
zusammengeführt.
Wenn Sie sicher sind diesen Branch zu entfernen, führen Sie 'git
branch -D matrix-loadbalance-to-more' aus.

And indeed, the hashes of the commit in master are different from the
ones in my branch. Is that expected? I never had problems like this on
github.

I wanted to check whether the hashes of my branch in the gitlab ui
have the sane hashes, but the branch seems to have been deleted
automatically with the merge. Is that a feature?

Markus
Hans-Bunte-Str. 8-10, 69123 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858