[Dune-devel] Write access for Elias Pipping

Dominic Kempf dominic.r.kempf at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 13:20:21 CET 2016

Hey Elias, hey Christoph,

to clarify the commit rights thing a bit:
Pushing to the protected branches (master + releases) requires GitLab
"master" status, which is currently given to all Dune core developers.
The "developer" status in GitLab is given to everybody who shows interest
in contributing actively to Dune.
It allows you to push to branches of the core repositories, open merge
requests etc.
Elias is *not* the first one to be given this status, there are about 10
such people.

Drawing this line between the master and the developer status seemed like
the natural way of doing it when configuring Gitlab.
If you do not like this policy, feel free to open discussion here.

Dominic