[Dune-devel] dune-common update seems to cause error in my ParMetis routine

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Sat Jan 23 19:44:25 CET 2016

Am Fri, 22. Jan 2016, 15:52:45 +0100 schrieb Aleksejs Fomins:
> Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 15:52:45 +0100
> From: Aleksejs Fomins <aleksejs.fomins at lspr.ch>
> To: Christian Engwer <christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de>,
>  "dune-devel at dune-project.org" <dune-devel at dune-project.org>
> Subject: Re: [Dune-devel] dune-common update seems to cause error in my
>  ParMetis routine
>
> Compiler is GCC 5.2. Have been using it for like half a year now
>
> I suppose that the easiest way to inject would be sth like
>
> namespace Dune {
>   #include <parmetis.h>

> }
>
> However I have explicitly checked that this is not the case. If anybody has ideas of what else could have gone wrong for this injection to happen, ideas are much appreciated.
>
> I will search some more and get back to you.

One way to thoroughly check that this is really not happening is by checking
the preprocessor output.  Take the g++ invocation that is failing, and in the
arguments replace "-c" and "-o <something>" by "-E".  Make sure you are in the
same directory as the original invocation.  Then g++ will print the
preprocessor output annotated with the original line numbers and source files
to standard output.  Search for the definitions of real_t in there, that
should help you figure out what is going on.

The CMake-generated make files often hide how exactly they invoke the
compiler, you probably need to do "make V=1" (or was ist "make VERBOSE=1"?) to
do the build in verbose mode.

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free.
-- Linus Torvalds