[Dune-devel] New dune-project Website: Status update/Call for help

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Mar 9 12:04:10 CET 2016

Hi Oliver,

> I had a quick look at the new documentation the other day, and there were many things
> I liked.  Thanks for all the work you guys put into this.

+1

> - however, an instance started with
>
>   hugo server --watch
>
>   did not rebuild the pages when I changed the source.  May have been my fault, though.

Worked for me, but in my case it was the most recent version and
self-compiled. Not sure whether this matters.

> - Is there already an actual public-but-hidden webserver that shows these pages?
>   I think it would motivate me more to work on the new pages if I knew that in principle
>   anybody can see them on the internet.  I'd suggest to even add a 'check out our new
>   beta website at ...' link to our current homepage.

Yes, I would like this too. And I'd follow Markus' suggestion to make
the transition gradually. We could for example link to the new homepage
for the Sphinx and Doxygen documentation. All navigation links from the
new homepage would link to the old page.
The disadvantage of this is that the layout will change, but to me this
is a minor compared to give the new homepage some momentum.

This said, I would like to see some love with regard to the new
homepage's design. Is there someone capable _and_ willing to do this? Or
has someone funds for this?

The method has been developed for use on a high-speed electronic
computer and would be impractical for hand-solution purposes.
                                           [Harlow & Welch 1965]