[Dune-devel] [GSoC2016] Improve your changes to be chosen

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Sat Mar 12 09:10:15 CET 2016

Dear GSoC students,
please read the other threads about GSoC as we answer
questions
which might be of interest for you, too.

> I expect that DUNE will get allocated two slots. That means
> we can mentor two students.

Just to clarify, because I got asked: We ask Google for slots,
I expect two to four, depending on the number and quality of
applications. Google will grant usually at least two slots,
sometimes more. If we get less slots then we applied for, we
must choose which project we'll keep.
If students apply for different projects aside Dune, and both
mentor organizations are willing to mentor the students, the
organizations have to settle this. So if you apply to Dune and
an other organization, please tell us and please also note
which you would prefer. We try to consider you wishes.

You can post your proposals as plain text to the mailing list,
write it by private mail or add it to Google's GSoC
application
site, beginning from Monday. We (the mentors) will be able to
see your proposal there.

If you have any question about GSoC don't hestitate to ask
here, ask me by private mail or go to Google's GSoC mailing
list [1].

[1]
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/google-summer-of-code-discuss

--
Je n'ai rien contre les étrangers, quelques uns de mes
meilleurs amis