[Dune-devel] [gsoc2016] GSoC Application

Christoph Grüninger christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Sat Mar 12 22:29:11 CET 2016

Hi Albu,
welcome to Dune!

Please keep all GSoC related mails on the dune-devel
mailing list, don't post it to the dune mailing list,
which is dedicated for people to get help using Dune.

> I saw an interesting project you have there, the
> one with differential equations solving. I have
> read the text, but I don't understand on whose
> data must be given outcome.

Are you sure Dune is the right project for you? Have a
look at the dune-grid-howto, that should give you a first
impression what we are doing and on which data we solve
the equations.

> I want to come with new ideas for solving this
> project and to know how can I do to be part of
> candidates who will choose to be accepted.

You have to write a proposal and apply for our project via
the GSoC project site. They'll offer a form on Monday.
Google will share the proposals with us and we select the
students.
You can find all about GSoC at their student manual:
https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/resources/manual

Je n'ai rien contre les étrangers, quelques uns de mes
meilleurs amis
sont des étrangers. Mais ces étrangers là ne sont pas de chez
nous!
[Agecanonix, Astérix - Le cadeau de César]