[Dune-devel] Fwd: [Dune] Getting started with DUNE

Michaël Sghaïer sghaier.michael at gmail.com
Sat May 7 15:43:49 CEST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michaël Sghaïer <sghaier.michael at gmail.com>
Date: 2016-05-07 15:43 GMT+02:00
Subject: Re: [Dune] Getting started with DUNE
To: Oliver Sander <oliver.sander at tu-dresden.de>

Hi Oliver,

I just read the "Installation of DUNE" part and have two comments (I
focused on the installation from sources since I work from archlinux and
have no binary packages of DUNE):

- I'm not sure about your "tar -zxvf dune*.tar.gz" command. It doesn't work
on my machine and according to [1], you can't use a wildcard to untar
several files at once (due to some historic reasons). You might replace
this command by "for f in *.tar; do tar xf $f; done" for example.

- There is not release tarballs of dune-functions in [2]. So I had to take
this module from the gitlab through a git clone but, as the development
version, dune-functions requires concept.hh as dependency, which is not
present in the version 2.4 of DUNE. Consequently, I had to install DUNE
from the development branches.

By the way, I took a look on the source code of the finite element example
and was wondering: why not use the range-based for loop (introduced in
C++11) to iterate through the structures used? (To loop over all the
quadrature points for example, line 65).

I'm going to continue reading your document and try the examples, I keep
you in touch.

Best,

Michaël

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/a/583891