[Dune-devel] New Website

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon May 23 16:37:42 CEST 2016

> Am 23.05.2016 um 15:46 schrieb Christian Engwer <christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de>:
>
> Hi Steffen,
>
> how do I change the doxygen layout? Is doxygen generated
> automatically? I think we have to improve the doxygen layout
> dramatically, it is currently really ugly.

doxygen is not generated as part of the normal hugo run (hugo doesn’t know about doxygen,
and we don’t want to run doxygen on every website change to keep the quick turnaround time).

Instead, the doxygen documentation is generated as a separate step by the build server that
runs on conan2 (see the source code at https://gitlab.dune-project.org/infrastructure/dune-website-builder).
This server receives a POST request from GitLab on every push to the website repository, which triggers
a normal website build, and a special request from a cron job sometime at night, which builds both the
website and the doxygen documentation.

I don’t know how to set this up locally on your machine, we’ll have to ask René once he is back from vacation.
But you’re right, looking at the Doxygen documentation, there are a number of layout problems.

Steffen