[Dune-devel] [GSoC2016] Re: Weekly report

Oliver Sander oliver.sander at tu-dresden.de
Tue May 31 13:30:01 CEST 2016

Hi Xinyun,

thanks for these updates.  I looked at your code today and it is looking pretty good so far.
Trying to get the NURBS derivatives right seems like a good next goal, too.

What you could also try is to replace the hand-written vtk output by the SubsamplingVTKWriter
from dune-grid.  For that you would have to write basic additional classes like BSplineGrid
and BSplineGridView that encapsulate the BSplinePatch, and make it look like a real Dune grid
to the VTKWriter class.  I can provide you with more details in case that is needed.

As such details are difficult to write down in an email, how about doing a video call
one of these days?  I'll be away from my office for the next few days, but the second
half of next week would be good.  What do you think?

The repository still contains a file bsplinebasis.hh, which I put there a long time ago
to serve as a reference.  This file is not needed anymore; you can remove it.

Finally, other people on the dune-devel list are also interested in getting updates on
your progress.  Can you please also always cc that list when writing about the gsoc
project?  Thanks!

Cheers,
Oliver