[Dune-devel] Cannot push: "leftover conflict marker"

Felix Gruber gruber at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Nov 6 15:57:35 CET 2016

Hi Ansgar,

On 06.09.2016 15:06, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I still cannot push my changes to my `dune-typetree` fork :(
>
> Could the check for leftover conflict markers be disabled server-side
> given it has false positives that are triggered by existing code in
> DUNE?

I'm now running into the same problem when trying to push to my
repository at https://gitlab.dune-project.org/felix.gruber/dune-dpg

According to the GitLab Documentation [1], the pre-receive hook can only
be disabled by the GitLab server administrators. It seems that the hooks
can be configured per-project, so a simple workaround would be to
temporarily disable the pre-receive hook in the repositories where it is
giving false positives. That can be done by the administrators by simply
removing a symlink (see [1]).
In the long run, we should however discuss removing this check for
leftover conflict markers from the pre-receive hook as it obviously will
lead to further false positives. I'll open an infrastructure bugreport
for this later.

[1]: https://gitlab.dune-project.org/help/administration/custom_hooks.md

Best,
Felix