[Dune-devel] Regarding the Mailinglists dune-bugs and dune-announce

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Thu Jun 22 18:07:55 CEST 2017

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 03:56:44PM +0200, Jorrit Fahlke wrote:
> Am Thu, 22. Jun 2017, 14:40:25 +0200 schrieb Christian Engwer:
> > The RSS feed was also the source for the dune-annouce mails. I had a
> > script (rss2mail) running via cron, which would send the messages. In
> > order to avoid any duplicate messages, the mailing-list was strictly
> > moderated. The script keeps track of the RSS ids it already sent and
> > except from the initial setup phase I never had the problem of
> > duplicate mails. I think this imposes a nearly zero overhead. I don't
> > see a reason to put drop this list. But if Steffen thinks nobody is
> > using it, I can have a look at the subscriptions...
>
> Not sure whether you're referring to a self written script, but there is a
> Debian package rss2email which I'm experimenting with right now.  Seems
> promising.

That is exactly the one I used.

Further more I checked how many people subscribed to the list...

62 Non-digested Members of Dune-Announce
11 Digested Members of Dune-Announce

Ciao
Christian

--
Prof. Dr. Christian Engwer
Institut für Numerische und Angewandte Mathematik

E-Mail  christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Telefon +49 251 83-35067
FAX     +49 251 83-32729