[Dune-devel] Status of 2.4.2 maintainance release

Christoph GrĂ¼ninger foss at grueninger.de
Fri May 26 00:46:56 CEST 2017

Dear fellow Dune developers,
see https://gitlab.dune-project.org/core/dune-common/issues/63
for the current status of 2.4.2, or the copy below.

I tested the branches and if nobody object, I plant to tag the current
HEADS as Dune 2.4.2 RC1 within 7 days. If no blockers appear, I'll
release within 14 days, arround 2017-06-09.

I tested the HEADs of the current releases/2.4 branches with a recent
CMake and Clang 4.0.0, recent Autotools and GCC 7, and GCC 4 together
with CMake 2.8.9 on Debian 7. I found the following issues:

* Recent versions of METIS and SuperLU break our old code. This is no
surprise. If someone wants to fix it, they should provide according
merge requests and test this with ancient GCC 4.4.
* The backported writeVectorToMatlab contains range-based for loops,
which breaks with older compilers like GCC 4.4. This might be fixable,
but as it does not break existing code, I would stick to it.

Please object, if you disagree.

--
[..] Mathematicians are like theologians: we regard
existence as the prime attribute of what we study.