[Dune-devel] Shared Runner available for projects on gitlab.dune-project.org

Ansgar Burchardt Ansgar.Burchardt at tu-dresden.de
Fri Sep 1 14:22:24 CEST 2017

Hi,

the CI system on gitlab.dune-project.org now has a "shared" runner
available, that is all projects can now use the CI system.

This should help with forks of the DUNE modules into users' private
repositories: previously these forks had no CI runner available and the
automated tests could not be run.  Now the CI system is available for
them without further configuration.

We don't mind the runner to be also used for non-core modules as long
as it is DUNE-related and we have enough resources on the runner.  For
this to work, make sure shared runners are enabled and specify the
"duneci" tag in .gitlab-ci.yml.  See the core modules for an example
configuration; note that there are also images that come with the core
modules pre-installed, see [1] for a list.

Please be aware that the shared runner has a very restrictive network
configuration: currently only outgoing connections to the DUNE GitLab
installation are allowed.  If your tests needs to download additional
software, we can whitelist additional sites.

Ansgar

  [1] https://gitlab.math.tu-dresden.de/ansgar/dune-docker/blob/master/
README.md