[Dune-devel] release 2.6

Ansgar Burchardt Ansgar.Burchardt at tu-dresden.de
Wed Sep 20 14:04:44 CEST 2017

Hi,

On Wed, 2017-09-20 at 10:18 +0100, Andreas Dedner wrote:
> Martin and I would like to get a new release out and wanted to
> suggest to start with that in a few weeks (around mid October to
> be finalized before Christmas). We would manage it.
> Any objections to
> (a) bringing out a 2.6 release?
> (b) the time scale suggested?

Having a new release at least once per year sounds good to me.

Do we have a place to store release tools?  I still have a script to
update the list of authors and one to generate tarballs (so they
include the git commit id from which they were generated[1]).  It might
be useful to others.

Ansgar

  [1] zcat dune-common-2.5.1.tar.gz | git get-tar-commit-id