[Dune-devel] Google Summer of Code 2018

Christoph Grüninger foss at grueninger.de
Fri Jan 19 06:13:22 CET 2018

Dear Dune,
the deadline for Google Summer of Code is 2018-01-23.

https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline

Is there interest to apply for GSoC 2018? I volunteer to serve as org
admin and to coordinate the application. But we need at least three
solid project ideas and associated willing mentors.

Hopefully I'll come up with this topic a little bit earlier next time…

Unfortunately, plots are notoriously hard to get right. Partly, the
default settings of programs like gnuplot or Excel are to blame for
this since these programs make it very convenient to create bad plots.
                        -- Till Tantau, "The TikZ and PGF Packages"