[Dune-devel] improved MPI Interface

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Fri Jan 26 22:06:39 CET 2018

Dear all,

as part of our EXA-DUNE project Nils has been working on an
integration of C++-exception, MPI and fault-tolerance.

As the result of this effort, he has come up with a first draft of an
improved MPI intreface that does not only include collective
communication, but also point-to-point communication. It offers (among
other features) a future concept to include asynchronicity in C++ like
way.

Please have a look at
https://gitlab.dune-project.org/core/dune-common/merge_requests/444

We would like to get this into a state that can be integrated in
core-DUNE and therefor hope for constructive feedback on possible
usecases we overlooked or positive feedback if you are happy with this
approach. I believe there are many different communication patterns
that we might want to integrate, but one has to start somewhere.