[Dune-devel] Casting C pointers to std::unique_ptr

Oliver Sander oliver.sander at tu-dresden.de
Mon Jun 25 14:49:45 CEST 2018

Dear Dune team,

I vaguely remember that at the last dev meeting in Heidelberg it was
requested that file readers should return std::unique_ptr<Grid>
instead of Grid*.  It was then (at least, I remember it that way),
proposed that, to allow a smooth transition, we should implement
a special transitional pointer type that would cast to both C-style
pointers and std::unique_ptr.  What has happened to that idea?
Is there a prototype, or at least parts of it?

Best regards,