[Dune-devel] CI runner at TU Dresden: maintenance on 2019-06-11

Ansgar Burchardt ansgar.burchardt at tu-dresden.de
Tue Jun 11 20:20:08 CEST 2019

On Tue, 2019-06-11 at 18:28 +0200, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> On Thu, 2019-06-06 at 14:40 +0200, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> > the CI runner at TU Dresden will be moving to new hardware next week on
> > 2019-06-11.  There will also be changes to the network setup of the VM
> > which might cause minor issues.
>
> Everything should be working again.

Or not.  It looks like Vc enables AVX-2 and AVX-512 by default if it
believes the CPU should support it (by the CPU name), sadly that is not
the correct way to detect CPU features...  So some configurations now
abort with SIGILL.

I'll ask for the virtualization to enable AVX-2 and AVX-512 in the VM,
but we need to configure Vc to use some generic instruction set;
prebuilt binaries will otherwise not work everywhere which is a problem
for the CI Docker images among other things.

Ansgar