[Dune-devel] Reduce number of core modules?

Dedner, Andreas A.S.Dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Thu Jun 13 20:52:25 CEST 2019

Hi.

Christian wrote:

> The modularisation is not about warnings. It goes mainly along concepts or interfaces.

But with that combining localfunctions and geometry would be reasonable - both concern interfaces related to the reference element.

The case for istl and common and not quite so strong although they do both have a lot of 'linear algebra' related interfaces in common.

The is therefore a case for reducing the 5 core modules to 3  to be made without breaking that concept of modularity. I haven't really made up my mind

Andreas