[Dune-devel] signing up for gitlab

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Tue May 7 09:11:13 CEST 2019

Dear tech pros,

it seems that currently it is not possible to signup for gitlab, is this correct?
Is this a temporary issue, or how should be proceed in the future?

Perhaps we can update the landing page accordingly?
 a) remove the paragraph "In order to actively participate in the development of DUNE, you have to log in. If you do not have an account yet, you can create one using the form on the right or by clicking on the little GitHub icon, which will let you sign up via OAuth using your GitHub account."
 b) make the "AUTOMATIC REGISTRATION TEMPORARILY DISABLED" section stick out more prominently, e.g. by using a warning box?!

I have attached a modified singin page. I don't know how easy it is to edit the text and what the constraints are, but currently people tend to overlook this remark.

The important change was to add a <div class="danger_message"> around the section.

Best