[Dune-devel] PyPi packaging

Dedner, Andreas A.S.Dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Dec 21 17:58:20 CET 2020

Hi,
As I've just announced through the news on the webpage Dune is now available through the Python Packing Index (PyPi).
This is not only available for modules with Python bindings but also for pure C++ dune module. So this provides an alternative to
installing debian packages and does not require root privileges. We tried to summarize how to upload modules and install using `'pip'
https://dune-project.org/doc/installation-pip/

Many thanks to Samuel Burbulla for doing most of the work on this. At the moment Samuel and I are registered as owners
of all the Dune packages on PyPi, e.g., https://pypi.org/project/dune-common/
If someone else wants to be added as 'owner' then send me their PyPi username.

Have a nice Christmas and happy new year (and wish me the best here on my little isolated rock)
Andreas