[Dune-devel] Long MPI startup

Flemisch, Bernd bernd.flemisch at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Dec 15 11:59:38 CET 2020

Just to let you know that you're not alone. I experience the same issue on my rather new laptop with Ubuntu 20.04 and 20.10. Both for OpenMPI and MPICH. And only for the first of several consecutive runs, try

./a.out && ./a.out && ./a.out

I don't have that problem on my desktop which still runs on openSUSE 15.0. Kind of hard to bisect this.

Kind regards

Bernd

Bernd Flemisch
IWS, Universität Stuttgart               phone: +49 711 685 69162
Pfaffenwaldring 61              email: bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart           url: www.iws.uni-stuttgart.de/en/lh2/<http://www.iws.uni-stuttgart.de/en/lh2/>