[Dune-devel] Move Dune Gitlab to Official Docker Image

René Heß rene.hk-edv at gmx.de
Tue Jun 9 18:28:06 CEST 2020

Hi,

the gitlab is back. Unfortunately it is really back, meaning we didn't
migrate to the official docker container. The migration and tests worked
well with one exception: We were not able to migrate the docker
registry.

For this reason we reverted everything to the way it was before. We
would still like to do the migration but during this process we will
loose all the docker images. This means:

Our proposal is to set another date for the migration and inform all
users in advance that all docker images in the registry will be lost
during the transition. If they have important images in the registry
they need to make sure that they have a local copy of the image, that
can be pushed back into the registry after the migration.

Besides that it might take some time to have the whole registry CI setup
back running after the migration.

If you have opinions on that matter we would like to hear from you,
either through the mailing list or through the gitlab issue:

https://gitlab.dune-project.org/infrastructure/issues0/issues/60

Best regards,
René