[Dune-devel] Non linear mechanics, Dune, MFront

Dedner, Andreas A.S.Dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Sun Mar 29 17:56:36 CEST 2020

Hi.
Mechanics isn't my main area of research but I'd be happy to provide some help where I can. I've been working on Python bindings for Dune's C++ frontend which have a lot of similarity with Fenics' approach. So we use UFL to define the models and use high level bindings to assemble system matrices etc.
Since you are already working on Fenics bindings doing something similar with Dune should not be too difficult I would hope. I have myself transferred some (quite simple I must admit) examples from Fenics to Dune. An overview of what is available and what it looks like can be found here
https://dune-project.org/sphinx/content/sphinx/dune-fem/
If that looks like a useful starting point and if there is something specific you encountered with Fenics that was helpful/difficult to handle let me know.
Best
Andreas