[Dune-devel] Abandon dune-devel mailing list?

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Tue Sep 1 09:37:20 CEST 2020

Am Mi, 26. Aug 2020, 23:15:55 +0200 schrieb Christoph Grüninger:
> So, can we abandon the dune-devel mailing list?

I would support this at the moment.

>                                                 Not sure how to archive
> the mails, whether to join them in a common archive.

That depends on how much effort you want to put in.  The archive is quite
messy, at the moment we are not able to regenerate the html from the raw
files (and keep the urls stable).  I would expect that we get into big trouble
to to slight changes pipermails algorithm (but I don't know for certain).
What I know for certain is that there was spam removed from the archive, so if
the archive is regenerated it would either reappear or it's url would be
assigned to the next message.  I've also done some link editing in the mails
for the @dune-project.org to @lists.dune-project.org move and for the
flyspray-to-gitlab move (and for one additional move that was from a
test-instance of flyspray to the real one (I think)).

Regards,
Jö.