[Dune-devel] First candidate for upcoming release 2.8.0 available for testing

Christoph Grüninger foss at grueninger.de
Thu Aug 5 00:26:06 CEST 2021

Hi Simon,
thanks for testing and providing feedback!

> cmake warnings:
> - Policy CMP0087 is not set (I think we should fix this in the next
> release)

CMP0087 was introduced in CMake 3.14, we require 3.13. I have not found
a way to silence this warning, beside explicitly setting the policy in
every module's root CMakeLists.txt.

> - WARNING: could not find module 'dune-python', [...] 'dune-python' is
> suggested by dune-foamgrid

Should be fixed within dune-foamgrid. Not sure whether it is enough to
just drop the suggestion. Maybe the Python code has to be adjusted, too.

> - dune-common/dune/common/reservedvector.hh:70:5: note: variable
> tracking size limit exceeded with ‘-fvar-tracking-assignments’, retrying
> without (this I get a lot, but don't know what to do about it)

GCC gives up on tracking. You can increase the buffer size by passing
--param=max-vartrack-size= with the right number. This will increase the
compile time and memory consumption.
Or we could simplify our code here, maybe with never language features.
Not sure if it is worth the effort or even possible.

> So, maybe we should fix the onedgrid errors that occur with -std=c++20.
> It is easy to fix. There just the template parameters on the constructor
> and destructor must be removed.

Can you please create an MR?

> Most of the warnings come from the dune-uggrid module. There is still
> a lot of cleanup necessary. This is not a quick fix.

Low hanging fruits were already collected. Oliver usually welcomes any
clean-up work for UG.